Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Matt Miller
Site Admin

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Matt Miller » Sat May 05, 2018 8:10 pm

artrock23 wrote:ETA: The issue only seems to occur when using my phone. Now on the computer, everything's okay, except that some of the threads in this forum have posts in Chinese script.

I've noticed the same problem with certain threads on my phone as well. I haven't debugged it yet, but I also haven't cleared my cookies on my phone browser.

As for the threads with Chinese characters, those have been deleted!

Yury wrote:Chrome on Android tablet:
1) The "most important" forum is invisible, although my name is displayed at he top as logged in user.
I can see all other forums.

What is the "most important" forum?
Yury wrote:2) Clicking on "Reply" displays my profile

I don't see a button anywhere that reads "Reply". Can you take a screenshot or be more specific? I see a button that reads "Post a reply" on the top left corner of any threads and another button that reads "QUICK REPLY" at the end of each forum thread.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Sun May 06, 2018 4:07 am

But I haven't noticed it being a wide-spread problem. I've looked through lots and lots of image pages and I haven't noticed any missing.

I don't know if this is the problem you are referring to or if it is something else, but I am noticing that several of my photos are missing. See the page below for one example:

https://www.summitpost.org/blob-rock-5-7-5-11/999276

Redwic

by Redwic » Sun May 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Another SP user reported to me that some of my photos were missing. I have since confirmed that, noticing a lot of my photos and diagrams missing. Thinking the photo might have gotten corrupted from recent site updates, if I attempt to replace the photo with either the original photo or a different photo, the system will not allow it. If I try to add a new photo to a Mountain page that has had a photo corrupted/missing, the system is not allowing me to do so.

Redwic

by Redwic » Sun May 06, 2018 7:01 pm

UPDATE: For one of my pictures (which was a route diagram), it was originally saved as a .BMP file type. I then tried saving it as a .PNG file type, but SP still did not show it despite stating it was successful. I then tried saving it as a .JPG and I can now see the diagram. However, the .JPG format is not preferred for many diagrams and photos.

Is SP no longer recognizing .BMP or .PNG photo file types?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 am

Redwic wrote:UPDATE: For one of my pictures (which was a route diagram), it was originally saved as a .BMP file type. I then tried saving it as a .PNG file type, but SP still did not show it despite stating it was successful. I then tried saving it as a .JPG and I can now see the diagram. However, the .JPG format is not preferred for many diagrams and photos.

Is SP no longer recognizing .BMP or .PNG photo file types?

That seems to solve the mystery of the missing photos (or at least photos that just show as an red X) A lot of people have missing photos (including myself) and they are all .bmp and .png files. This includes photos that were added years ago.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 pm

I'll look into what may have changed with the server configuration to cause it not to process BMP and PNG files.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
Scott

hgrapid

by hgrapid » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:46 pm

When using the Advanced search for users. For example, searching users by city or state, it appears that any search creates an error message.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 am

hgrapid wrote:When using the Advanced search for users. For example, searching users by city or state, it appears that any search creates an error message.

I believe this should be fixed now. Can you test again and let me know? Thanks.

yatsek

by yatsek » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:58 am

Since yesterday I've kept getting logged out each time I try to open a new page.

The following user would like to thank yatsek for this post
alpinbeta, EricChu

hgrapid

by hgrapid » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Thank you Matt. The user search works. I posted some other bugs in the "Giving Up" forum. Want me to post them here?

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:05 am

You used to be able to search the images attached within a given mountain page. Right now when you type "Sahale" on the Eldorado Peak images section it goes a generic image search through out the site instead of within the 502 images attached.

Here's proof of this: https://web.archive.org/web/20160814023 ... s/p-150316
Note the actual query doesn't pass to the server due to specific search queries not being cached to the Way Back Machine; but it does show the third field "In Eldorado Peak's Images". Same issue goes for other object types attached to a page. To make it even worse on trip reports the generic trip report search pulls 0 results even with a specific name that has no special characters.

Also note that the old breadcrumbs used to show on the attached page, currently the home button simply adds a #hashtag to the URL instead of sending you to the main peak page.

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
Matt Miller

Silvia Mazzani
Forum Moderator

by Silvia Mazzani » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:51 am

Unfortunately i have the same problem of yatsek. After the log-in, each time i try to change page, i am able to see the new page but i am getting logged out!

The following user would like to thank Silvia Mazzani for this post
alpinbeta, EricChu

Vid Pogachnik
Forum Moderator

by Vid Pogachnik » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:58 am

The home page of SP used to be:
https://www.summitpost.org/
That's what also Google would try to open if you search for SP.
But now this links gives you an error. Try and click on the logo of SP - when already being on any of its pages.
The home page of SP now is:
https://www.summitpost.org/index.php
So, all users shouls edit their favourites and Matt shoul edit the link on the SP logo symbol.

The following user would like to thank Vid Pogachnik for this post
alpinbeta

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback