Romero starts the Talkshow Tour

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.
no avatar
The Chief

Romero starts the Talkshow Tour

by The Chief » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Romero on Leno last Friday eve.

Next goal is to do all 50 State High Points. Very worthy indeed. But, isn't this sort of backwards? Kind of like sailing around the world solo and then wanting to go and sail the largest body of water in each of the 50 States, alone. Or, getting a PhD at 13 then going back to graduate from elementary school. Or.....

Interesting priorities Mom and Dad are setting.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:05 pm

His parents are bad people, for show business can be dangerous and dirty.

Seriously, though, is anyone surprised by this? Next will be the book, and then the movie. The money should at least pay for his quest of the state highpoints.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Or... Walking on the Moon then coming home to learn how to fly a 172.

Or... Completing in the Iditarod and then learning how to take care of dogs.

Or... Going on a paid Safari and shooting a prize Bull Elephant then returning home to learn how to target shoot.

Or.... Completing the Ironman and then wanting to run and ride in local 30k biathlons.
Last edited by The Chief on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Dumb and dumber!

Outside

by Outside » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:11 am

I'd bet the grocery money he never tags the highpoints. There's no money, fame or records in doing so. Chief's right.....again. Oh, how it pains me to say that!

Smoove910

by Smoove910 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 am

Who the hell cares? With each thread created about Jordan I am thinking there is some grown men out there who are envious, which results in the negativity on the message boards.

As for saying he has 'bad parent's' or similiar thoughts, I would check your own parenting skills before complaining about someone else's.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:28 am

Smoove910 wrote:As for saying he has 'bad parent's' or similiar thoughts, I would check your own parenting skills before complaining about someone else's.

Ahh... my youngest, is 29 has a Masters in Communication, working on her PhD in South Korea while teaching english at a State run orphanage, my middle is 31, is a Solar Energy Engineer in Phoenix, my oldest is 32 and a General Manager of major Radio Station in Hollywood.

All three were hard at school when 16 and wanting to finish High School in the upper Class and continuing onto college.

Certainly didn't come from me. I joined the Navy when I was 16 with my parents signed permission. They couldn't wait to get me outta the house. They were growing tired of coming to the Vice Principals office after my ass kept getting into fights and beating the shet outta dudes. They were all bigger than I was... surprise. I retired from the Navy 24 years later. That was 12 years ago.

But who gives a fly'n fk.... right?

simonov

Re: Romero starts the Talkshow Tour

by simonov » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:52 pm

The Chief wrote:Next goal is to do all 50 State High Points. Very worthy indeed. But, isn't this sort of backwards?

Not really, when you are in a hurry to set records.

Climbing Everest takes a lot less time than climbing all 50 state highpoints.

dskoon

by dskoon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

“It's hard to argue against cynics - they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side”

- Molly Ivins

Return to News