Rope care

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
JackCarr

Rope care

by JackCarr » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:20 pm

The amount of gear I've acquired over the last year and storing it all has become an issue. Stuff I only use a few times a year can go in the loft, but I want stuff I use weekly to hand.

I've bought a big plastic storage container to fit the climbing gear I need for a wall trip, shoes, chalk, draws, a rope. I've coiled the rope in a normal way and then folded the coil to fit it in the box. Does anyone think there's an issue with this? I've kept good care of the rope during its life so far, using it carefully and storing it coiled laid flat on top of my wardrobe. Does anyone think folding it will damage the rope or affect in in any way?

Cheers.

alleyehave

Re: Rope care

by alleyehave » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 pm

JackCarr wrote:The amount of gear I've acquired over the last year and storing it all has become an issue. Stuff I only use a few times a year can go in the loft, but I want stuff I use weekly to hand.

I've bought a big plastic storage container to fit the climbing gear I need for a wall trip, shoes, chalk, draws, a rope. I've coiled the rope in a normal way and then folded the coil to fit it in the box. Does anyone think there's an issue with this? I've kept good care of the rope during its life so far, using it carefully and storing it coiled laid flat on top of my wardrobe. Does anyone think folding it will damage the rope or affect in in any way?

Cheers.

The only issue I see is you using a single rope, some draws, shoes and chalk for a wall trip....??????!??!?!?!?!

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 am

alleyehave wrote:...

The only issue I see is you using a single rope, some draws, shoes and chalk for a wall trip....??????!??!?!?!?!

Yeah, funny. But seriously folks, it should not be an issue (unless you are somehow crimping or pinching a bite of rope in some unusual manner.)

JackCarr

by JackCarr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 pm

alleyehave wrote:
JackCarr wrote:The amount of gear I've acquired over the last year and storing it all has become an issue. Stuff I only use a few times a year can go in the loft, but I want stuff I use weekly to hand.

Cheers.

My local wall is tiny :)

I thought it would be OK, just wanted to double check!

alleyehave

by alleyehave » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:16 pm

JackCarr wrote:
alleyehave wrote:

Cheers.

My local wall is tiny :)

I thought it would be OK, just wanted to double check!

Tiny wall? Interesting concept...

JackCarr

by JackCarr » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:44 pm

That's pretty much it!

alleyehave

by alleyehave » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 am

JackCarr wrote:Image

That's pretty much it!

Ohhh, haha, I was under the impression you meant a wall wall like...

JackCarr

by JackCarr » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:17 pm

I wish! I live near London, there are no walls like that for a long way :)

Return to Gear