Rowing

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.
BigMitch

by BigMitch » Tue May 18, 2010 1:40 am

If you want good workout DVDs to keep the boredoom away if you are by yourself, Xeno Mueller, former Olympic Gold and Silver medal wiiner, puts out some good ones.

Xeno has quite the personality. I wished that I lived near his club.

http://www.row2go.us/

The following user would like to thank BigMitch for this post
Broment

WouterB

by WouterB » Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 am

I'm now looking for a 2days a week cardio training program to get me ready for Elbrus. Anyone?

visentin

by visentin » Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 pm

WouterB wrote:I'm now looking for a 2days a week cardio training program to get me ready for Elbrus. Anyone?

The B1 I mentionned few posts ago. If you do it twice a week during a certain time you'll see your endurance and aerobic improving significantly ;)

Broment

Re: Rowing

by Broment » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:27 am

Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM3 is the best rowing machine brand known to me so far..It has adjustable footrests accommodate a wide range of shoe sizes. Ergonomic handle for natural position. It is very quiet and smooth to operate..It is a great total body workout.

no avatar
Motus

by Motus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:42 pm

I have been a professional rower and competed on many world and european champioships, I feel I'm expirienced enough to contribute.

Like Broment said. Only concept2 rowing machines are considered valid machines. Everything else is considered a toy. There are many other manufacturers of rowing machines, but I have never seen in any rowing club, any other machine than concept2's.

As far as the "bells and whistles" are considered, that's irrevelant. It doesn't matter what kind of monitor or machine leg height you used.
Newer models are more ergonomically designed and are more comfortable for long training sessions (1+ hours of rowing). But on the max. tests (2000m and 6000m tests) there was no correlation between machine model and rowers time (speed).

If my bad english made it too complicated to understand... it's like lifting 100kg of rusty weights vs. brand new weight set. 100kg is still 100kg.

As for technique there are plenty of youtube videos of really great rowers. Most rowers film their on water trainings and watch them in slow motion in order to notice small technical mistakes. (irrelevant for climbing).

If you have any other questions regarding rowing, weightlifting, nutrition or any other aspect of physical conditioning I'd be more than happy to answer you.

Fried Chicken

by Fried Chicken » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Cardio workout? Hmm... I usually duct tape C-notes to my back, don an expensive watch and some high-dollar bling, then run through the ghetto on a Friday or Saturday night, works like a charm every time, 10-4??? Your heart rate will NEVER be higher, I guarantee it. A word of advice: if you run through Compton, North Philly or the Lower Bronx, don't forget your Kevlar!!!
"What lured him on was, of course, the great adventure, the eternal longing of every truly creative man to push on into unexplored country, to discover something entirely new---if only about himself."

Heinrich Harrer

Previous

Return to Technique and Training