Shared Apartment in NW Las Vegas: multiday/weekly/monthly

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
reellittlephish

Shared Apartment in NW Las Vegas: multiday/weekly/monthly

by reellittlephish » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:02 pm

I've been climbing in and around Red Rocks since 1978-79. 1998 I moved here permanently and worked as a high end commercial finish carpenter. 2010 I retired. There is a member profile here and I am in some guidebooks.

I am not climbing as hard as I used to or as often as I'd like, but I am still active. Climber's lifestyle...I live modestly and do a few road trips in the summer and fall. The location of the apartment (near Torrey Pines and Lake Mead) seems a bit distant from Red Rocks but because your entrance to the freeway and Summerlin Parkway is so close, it is about 25 to 30 minutes driving time to the loop station entrance.

It's also well situated if you like the limestone of Mt. Charleston in summer. It's a matter of opinion, but I think the Charleston area and some of the limestone crags are the "real sleeper" yet to be developed areas around here. Two blocks driving and you are on the US 95 to Kyle Canyon. 20 minutes to Desert Rock Sport and the climbing Gym.

To help defer personal expenses, I listed the apartment share on Airbnb at $16 a night. That's approximately 50% of my housing expense.

Consider this a modest upgrade from a hut or hostel situation; nearly as cheap as the campground, which as we locals know can be very noisy, crowded, windy, sandy, cold or hot. Not that this run down neighborhood is anything you want to instagram and send to your mom...

What the campground lacks which is provided here is: lights, air conditioning, a king size bed/clean linen, hot shower, flush toilet, warm lighted space to hang out in, high speed wireless, washer/dryer, sink, stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, blender, French Press, enough utensils to produce a healthy meal..and the super friendly seductress cat, Amy.

Use the link below for information.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/859411

The room still has time slots available from September 2014 till forever. You can check what former guests say and my booking calendar on the Airbnb site if you follow the link above. If you have never used Airbnb you register a secure profile, book and pay online with a credit card or PayPal. Airbnb is reliably computerized, works on trust; charges a modest commission depending on the length of your booking. Consider I am lot more simpatico than the campground host or the park rangers.

The trade off...Besides a warm place to stretch and do body weight exercises, there a few climbing mags, guidebooks and climbing videos around....Nobody drives past early or late spewing exhaust. No rodents, no trash campfires, a few birds singing in the morning...(the doves, pigeons, feral cats and starlings hang out near the trash dumpsters early morning around here), you have to step outside to see the sunrise.

I'd really prefer a longer term roommate and I'd offer a deal to someone who wants to stay during the summer.

Minimum three night stay.

Return to Classifieds