Swiss Ski Team goes climbing

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Moni

Swiss Ski Team goes climbing

by Moni » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:57 pm

A fun video about the Swiss ski team climbing a via ferrata.

For those who don't understand German (much less Swiss German), the skiers interviewed for the most part felt that the via ferrata was more scary than the Kitzbühl downhill.

:)

BrunoM

Re: Swiss Ski Team goes climbing

by BrunoM » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Moni wrote:A fun video about the Swiss ski team climbing a via ferrata.

For those who don't understand German (much less Swiss German), the skiers interviewed for the most part felt that the via ferrata was more scary than the Kitzbühl downhill.

:)

Man, I'm ok in standard German but this SchwitserDuutsch/Swiss German sounds like a mix of Swedish and German to me :lol:

Moni

Re: Swiss Ski Team goes climbing

by Moni » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:25 pm

BrunoM wrote:Man, I'm ok in standard German but this SchwitserDuutsch/Swiss German sounds like a mix of Swedish and German to me :lol:

It takes a bit to get used to it, but it is an old dialect and not that far off of what you describe. It definitely "sings"differently from standard German. Depending on which Kanton or even which valley, some variants are easier for me to understand than others.

Return to Europe