where is

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
kamil

by kamil » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:40 am

It's also an interesting question why the 'strange quotations' thread should be hidden. There was nothing offensive there. Unless it is still there and I just couldn't notice it, then sorry.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:54 am

Aaron Johnson wrote:I'll make an inquiry among the staff. You cannot delete your own membership, as far as I know.

Sorry guys, I've been gone most of the day. T'was I that deleted simpson's account at his own request. He gave no reason for asking to be deleted.

I stopped reading the "strange quotations" after a few pages, so I don't know what went down there. It obviously got moved to Off Route, but it seems to have been sucked into the ether. It can still be viewed at:
http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52356
but the thread doesn't show up in the forum list. That seems quite strange.

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:44 pm

or maybe there are things that only the vatican-level elves know....
:lol:

This may be the truth, but in this case, it's a regular elf level event.

Gangolf reports this isn't the first time Borut has joined and left SP. There have been previous memberships and departures. As to why, we're as baffled as you guys are. Bob was not aware Simpson was Borut. Actually, I knew this fact only because he had wished me a happy birthday, and when I clicked on his member link and it took me to his profile page, only then did I realize it was Borut.

It's sad to see him go, but again, SP won't make everyone happy. There will always be SOMETHING that bothers SOMEONE, and often the reasons escape us. What seems small and insignificant to some could be a big deal to one person for any of a million reasons. One need a high tolerance level to participate anywhere on the internet. However, the internet is a big place and hopefully there is some place out there that everyone will find that suits them in some way. Here's hoping Borut finds that place. :)

visentin

by visentin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 pm

If Borut comes back, will all his pages reappear ? :(

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Aaron Johnson wrote:Bob was not aware Simpson was Borut.

Really? I can't imagine why. It should have been so easy to follow! :lol: The 28-page User name change request thread would be about 3 pages, if not for this guy. Check it out; this string of quotes is all from him:

Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:46 pm GMT:
Would you kindly change my username from"kantuser" to Borut Kantušer?

Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:09 pm GMT:
With the birdy on the "s" I'll just have problems on other keyboards.
Would you therefore change my current User Name to: Borut Kantuser

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:34 am GMT:
Hi!
You may think its a joke, but I'm really trying to find the most appropriate User name to
my appearance on SP.
Here is my best:
Bokant Routeuser

Would you please change my Username to: Bokant Routeuser

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:05 am GMT:
EDIT:
Please change my User name back to my proper name which would be:
Borut Kantuser

Thanks!

Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 am GMT:
Hello!
Would you please change my current User Name into Olpinist

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:59 pm GMT:
Hi!
Would you please change my user name to the friendlier: lpinist

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:18 pm GMT:
Would it please be possible to change my User Name to Lpinist?
Or is it a nuisance?
Borut

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:40 am GMT:
On the site, I am now often addressed to as Borut. As well in comments as in captions.

Would You therefore, dear and highly respected Elves, change my Username to Borut. (btw, my full name is Borut Kantušer).
Thank you in advance!
Cheers,
Borut

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 pm GMT:
May I go back to Borut Kantuser as a User name?
That's my full name.
Thanks

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm GMT:
Please change my user name to Borut Kantušer.
Thankyou!

Here's the good part:

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:26 pm GMT:
Gangolf Haub wrote:
Bob Burd wrote:
Borut Kantuser wrote:Please change my user name to Borut Kantušer.
Thankyou!

I have no idea how to use those characers on my keyboard, so I'll leave this to Gangolf or Vid. But I also remember some special characters causing issues in SP, so I can't recommend the change...

Yes Borut - not a good idea. SP uses names in the urls ind if there are any special characters you won't be able to do and see everything. You might not be able to ask for a new user name :shock:

Actually, I know for sure that PMs don't work with non-ascii characters in your name.

Well, I would like to give it a try.

And then, after all that:

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:38 am GMT:
Here goes. I'm being a real nuisance but I'd like to modify my user name to: Biner

I understand that this back and forth with my little ego is a sad thing. Well, I am willing to pay. Please notify me privately and I should be glad to pay my dues.

BTW, how does the sponsoring of the site work? Where can one drop an envelope?

Edit:
Just noticed that a Biner allready exists. So let's forget it.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:44 am GMT:
Please change my user name to: megla

Edit: the former user name was: Borut Kantušer

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:21 am GMT:
Dear Elves!

Hello again.

Please change my user name from " megla " to: borut

EDIT: "borut" seems to be the name other SPers address me with, in comments and posts.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:38 am GMT:
Dear Elves!
Would you once more change my user name?
Instead of borut I'd like to be named simpson.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Aaron Johnson wrote:Gangolf reports this isn't the first time Borut has joined and left SP. There have been previous memberships and departures. As to why, we're as baffled as you guys are.

Thirteen name changes (fourteen attempts) in 27 months. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that something strange would happen with that profile, like feigning offense at the harmless page-bottom quotes or leaving unexpectedly and without reason. :lol:

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

by Ejnar Fjerdingstad » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Andinistaloco wrote:
Ejnar Fjerdingstad wrote:
hansw wrote:
kamil wrote:Yeah it's about Borut a.k.a. simpson. He's just disappeared out of the blue. He must've asked one of the elves to delete his account, I can't see another possibility. Anyone know what happened?

Borut, I hope you're alright and you'll be back soon...

That’s bad. This used to be a nice place. :(

And know it is a place where people disappear "bei Nacht und Nebel"!

Good point. I can think of no better analogy for the recent happenings on SP than Nazis rounding up their enemies. Actually, now that I think about it, what's occurred on SP is far worse than anything the Nazis ever did. Truly, the elves are far more evil and history will surely view them as such.

As Chief used to say, "You are taking this shit way too seriously, man!"

yatsek

by yatsek » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Ejnar Fjerdingstad wrote:As Chief used to say, "You are taking this shit way too seriously, man!"

How to :)

Andinistaloco

by Andinistaloco » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 am

Andinistaloco wrote:
hansw wrote:
kamil wrote:Yeah it's about Borut a.k.a. simpson. He's just disappeared out of the blue. He must've asked one of the elves to delete his account, I can't see another possibility. Anyone know what happened?

Borut, I hope you're alright and you'll be back soon...

That’s bad. This used to be a nice place. :(

And know it is a place where people disappear "bei Nacht und Nebel"!

Good point. I can think of no better analogy for the recent happenings on SP than Nazis rounding up their enemies. Actually, now that I think about it, what's occurred on SP is far worse than anything the Nazis ever did. Truly, the elves are far more evil and history will surely view them as such.

Well, if you say so. I'm not the one who keeps comparing SP to Stalinist Russia or Nazi Germany, though... don't you think that's a little silly?

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:40 am

Day Hiker:

Wow! You've done some work with tha post! You must have recalled that from memory, knowing where to go to copy that stuff. I never look in that thread's history. I'm only concerned with what happens in the present. I somehow missed all of that.

Looks like it's better that he's departed SP. Again.

Thanks.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:50 am

This HERE is my SP motto, for crying out loud !!!!

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:55 am

Aaron Johnson wrote:Day Hiker:

Wow! You've done some work with tha post! You must have recalled that from memory, knowing where to go to copy that stuff. I never look in that thread's history. I'm only concerned with what happens in the present. I somehow missed all of that.

I actually only remembered a few of the name-change requests. It was hard to forget the ones preceding sarah.simon's post. :lol:
sarah.simon wrote:
borut wrote:Dear Elves!
Would you once more change my user name?
Instead of borut I'd like to be named simpson.

I respectfully suggest, instead, the username "High Maintenance."

8)

Scrolling through the 28 pages brought more to my attention. My post took a little bit of otherwise-useless Sunday-morning time. Basically, it was about a half hour of click, scroll, copy, paste, laugh, repeat. :lol:

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:28 am

Day Hiker:

Wow, Sarah was right. High maintenance indeed! I had no idea!

My post took a little bit of otherwise-useless Sunday-morning time. Basically, it was about a half hour of click, scroll, copy, paste, laugh, repeat.

Thanks again.

visentin

by visentin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 am

Day Hiker wrote:Thirteen name changes (fourteen attempts) in 27 months. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that something strange would happen with that profile, like feigning offense at the harmless page-bottom quotes or leaving unexpectedly and without reason. :lol:

True, we all have our defects, weaknesses, etc etc. Perhaps something was not turning round with Borut. However having exchanged with him a lot of times I can assure you the guy is of the most plain generosity and simple nature. As few of you may know from his "occupation" once mentionned in his profile, he is an artist. Which is verified, he tends to act emotionally and impulsely. But many of us will miss him here.

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 am

visentin wrote:... But many of us will miss him here.

Yep, I'll miss him. A great guy.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback