Who's on Aconcagua or Cordon del Plata in Feb?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
brandon

Who's on Aconcagua or Cordon del Plata in Feb?

by brandon » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Am I gonna bump into any of you guys around Mendoza in Feb?

I fly down on Jan 27, and take off again Feb 25.

Rolling solo with the intention of spending a week or so in the Cordon del Plata, for acclimitization.

Then, an unsupported traverse of Aconcagua. Approach to Plaza Argentina. Climb the Polish glacier, or one of the variations over to the right that flirt with the N. Face. And then down the normal route and out that way.

I'll be the fool humping all my own stuff in the little yellow bibler tent.

scooter12ga

by scooter12ga » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:41 pm

I'll be arriving in Mendoza on Jan 19th, and coming back home on Feb 9th. I'm on Aco the 21st or 22nd through the 8th I believe.

Everybody in my group, except me, dropped out so the traverse is out of the question. I'm disappointed, though, because I was excited to see the vacas valley. I'll be the one on the normal route with only the guide and assistant as company, also carrying an obnoxiously heavy pack.

I'll be in an EV2 and might be wearing a "T-Mobile" embroidered softshell depending on the weather.

~Mike

Maranna

by Maranna » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:18 am

Get into Mendoza on 1/10/09 and leave on 1/30/09 so it looks like I will be in before you. Have a great climb!

no avatar
rcclimbhigher

solo by normal early feb

by rcclimbhigher » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:41 am

I'll look for you guys..be flying out of dtw on 1/27 to BA. will be in a kelty jetstream/ orange
..planning on a one day up and down after lots of acclimatization... so we will probably run into each other...where is the thread about the ox meter?

Return to South America