Pombie-normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.84198°N / 0.44465°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the most frequented route to reach the summit of Peyreget across the lake and refuge of Pombie, a marvelous place.

Time: 2h 30min to summit + 2h to descent.
Slope: 740 meters.

Getting There

Trailhead: Cabanne d'Araille (1740m) near of col du Portalet.
See the main page to approach.

Route Description

Col de Soum de PombieCol de S. Pombie

We'll begin in the same track of Pid du Midi with a little descent to the river and the Cabanne (hut) d'Aneou in left side (under the nice cirque d'Aneou). We'll cross the river in the bridge and we'll follow the signal "Col de Soum de Pombie". After some easy green ramps we'll reach a curve and we'll turn to right side following the path. We'll arrive to Col de Soum de Pombie (2110m, 1h) with the view of the valley and the refuge below of us.
If we want we can reach the nearest little summit of Soum de Pombie (2134m) in right side (east) in a few of minutes.
Refuge de PombieRefuge de Pombie

We'll descent to the north to refuge of Pombie (2030m, 1h 15min) and, in the signal, we'll turn to "Col du Peyreget" to left side (West). Bordering the lake in left side we'll walk in some zig-zags across hard slopes passing near of some nice little lakes to reach the Col de Peyreget (2320m). In right side is the Midi d'Ossau and in left side the ramp north of Peyreget. We'll turn to south walking the ramp following some little cairns of stones with tendence to right side to finally reach the summit of Peyreget (2487m)
Col de PeyregetCol de Peyreget


Options for the descent:
-same route of course.
-descent to west to lake of Peyreget and ascent to Col de l'Iou. A path reach the col de Soum de Pombie to the west.
-descent of the south face: hard slope but the path had some cairns to reach the bottom of ramp near of the col de l'Iou, it's more direct but it's out of path in some parts.

Essential Gear

Nothing special.
Crampons and ice-axe in winter (the normal route it's north face)
Ramp NorthRamp North

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

PeyregetRoutes