Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.85615°N / 114.30011°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 3460 ft / 1055 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is just a small highpoint in the desert that has amazing 360 degree views of the surrounding area. Since it's shown as Radio Tower on the topographic maps, I'm guessing that once it was home to a radio tower (an assumption by me). Also the fact that there's a road to the top with a large parking area at the top seems to indicate the same. 

Getting There

From Bunkerville, Nevada drive south on the interstate and exit at the truck parking area which is located on the southbound lane of traffic. Immediately turn left onto Old Spanish Trail and follow this road to the turnoff road for the Radio Tower on the right. I chose to park at the turn off and hiked the access road to the top.

Route

The simplest route to the top is by the access road. It's approximately 3.2 miles roundtrip and takes maybe an hour to hike it roundtrip. I also hiked up the northeastern side to the highpoint which was a much more enjoyable hike. It's basically hiking up a massive stone slab covered in various types of desert plants. It was beautiful along that route.

Red Tape

There's no Red Tape here.

When to Climb

Certainly this high point could be hiked anytime of year.

Camping

Actually one could camp at this high point as there's a huge flat area / former parking area at the top. The road to the high point is in great condition and could be accessed by any 4 wheel drive vehicle. There's also one great dispersed campsite several miles prior to the road that accesses this high point.

External Links

Add External Links text here.