Red Buttes Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Epolomsk

Epolomsk - Oct 16, 2021 10:54 am Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2021

October 2021 summit  Sucess!

2 hrs (incl lunch) from Cook and Green to Bee Camp, via the rd. Took around 2+ hrs from Bee Camp to top.
GREAT view from the Notch!

Much faster to hike along back to Cook and Green via grassy ridge beneath the trees, then onto PCT.
Fair #of trees down across Pct.

trailken1

trailken1 - Aug 2, 2015 12:11 pm Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2015

East Summit, West Explore  Sucess!

Very scenic with some class 3. South wall of east butte has fairly stable rock for climbing (class 4) but I would not do it without rope. (old and careful)

Climbing into the saddle; very unstable rock with lots of roll and displacement potential for lower climbers.

Route up east Butte as OGG described is fairly straightforward with lots of visitor routes up the brush and rock.

I was a bit rushed by a thunderstorm/lightning and chose not to complete the west Butte. I will be back and climb the west butte from the very interesting ridge to the west that is made of white marble) that starts at the gate to the wilderness area and travels eastward toward the west Butte. Looking toward the Red Buttes at distance from the northern areas gazing southward, will reveal this white marble ridge.

I underestimated the brush and the heat radiation off of the rock on the south sides. Glad I carried enough water and the thunderstorm cover later on was welcome.

2skinners - Sep 21, 2006 3:42 pm Date Climbed: Sep 19, 2006

East Ridge Route

I have been wanting to climb this one for a while. Hardly any information on it, so I thought I would try to help in that area. Fun climb although I was just short of reaching the summit. Climbed with brettwilli.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Red Buttes' main page