Relaxing on my bivouac before...

Relaxing on my bivouac before...

Relaxing on my bivouac before going "to bed" on a relatively warm evening during my winter traverse of the Estergebirge with snow shoes in early February 2004. Picture taken with self-timer (here trip report)
Benno
on Sep 7, 2004 7:12 pm
Image ID: 68522

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Gumpie

Gumpie - May 9, 2005 10:25 pm - Hasn't voted

exciting TR - Krottenkopf

That's really funny and scary at the the same time what happened on your trip. The Estergebirge is frequently visited by the German Army in the wintermonth to play "Ernsfall".

I had a differnt but similar experience on the Krottenkopf one day in winter. A friend and I were laying a fresh skin track thru some deep fluffy powder coming from the Esterbergalm. Shortly before we reached the summit a UH 1 D chopper appeared out of nowhere, touched down at the summit and dropped off a bunch of Gebirgsjaeger, hoging up the untracked slope. Can you immagine our frustration about those dudes. At least there was plenty of snow left but they stole our hardly earned virgin slope. And we thought there is no heli-skiing in Bavaria!

Benno

Benno - May 10, 2005 3:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: exciting TR - Krottenkopf

Hi Gumpie,

thanks for your compliments.

Yes, it seems this little, calm mountain range is holding a lot of surprises ready for us. Good to hear that you had similair a experience, otherwise our fellow SPers might doubt my story ;-)

Benno

Viewing: 1-2 of 2