Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 16, 2011 3:00 pm - Hasn't voted

in addition...

...to our discussion, Rob - this could also be a trip report. This is what I see:

> route page: objective information about the route.
> thip report: personal experience, how it happened.
> album: more or less collection of pictures.
> ... and other forms ...

rgg

rgg - Mar 17, 2011 4:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: in addition...

Yes, I thought about making it a trip report instead of an album, realizing it's really something in between. It's a bit more than just pictures, and a bit short for a trip report. Hey, what do you know, that's another puzzle of which way to go ;-)!

This time however, I have no simple solution. In fact, on an earlier occasion, I also started an album with a bit of text explaining the circumstances, and only as I was writing it, I decided to change it into a TR.

As for creating a route page, I feel I would have had to go up to the Erlspitze from the scharte, then I would have something to contribute. As it is, I couldn't do more than write a reasonable description of how to get to the Eppzirler Scharte and Erlscharte. If there is no snow, that's real easy, just follow the marked trail. If there is a lot of snow, don't, because there will be avalanche risk. Only in between you'll have my problem of which gully to go up. And so, all that's left is the one picture that explains where to go when you cannot see the trail. But, to make it more useful, I've attached the album to the Erlspitze.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: in addition...

Yes, I see. Don't take this too seriously ;)
Sorry for teasing you.
Enjoy!
Vid

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Return to the Karwendel - Searching for the Eppzirler Scharte' main page