Rodnei at dawn

Rodnei at dawn

Early morning view from our bivouac at Saua Intre Izvoare to the South-East. Peaks of the southern, lateral ridge seen here are/from the right/: Mires(1753), Vf.Laptelui(1931), Vf.Rabla(1912) and Nedeia Taranului(1857). The fairy tale moment which I consider the most brilliant morning of mine in 2009. Eastern Carpathians - Romania 20th August 2009 Welcome to Lodowy!
Tomek Lodowy
on Dec 17, 2010 9:31 am
Image ID: 685486

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Dec 17, 2010 4:55 pm - Voted 10/10

It's amazing...

how much a little cloud/haze layer can add to the view of a mountain! The important thing is to be there and notice the potential.
Great capture, Tomek,
Marc

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Dec 17, 2010 5:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It's amazing...

You hit the mark. I must say there is something mysterious in that early morning view, something floating above the shadowed depth of the dark green valley and those peaks lightened gently trying to hide themsleves behind that slight haze... and when I add to that the sound and stunning view of horse herd coming up to our tent, the sun is rising higher and higher... dream moment, definetely one of my favourite ones in recent years.

Thanks for your comment Marc

Tomek

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Dec 17, 2010 5:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: It's amazing...

It's funny that you used the word "mysterious" That was the first word that came to my mind when I saw the photo.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3