Rosimtal - Rosimjoch - South ridge

Rosimtal - Rosimjoch - South ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.53810°N / 10.63540°E
Additional Information Route Type: walk-up, snow fields, light climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD-
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The outgoing point is the small town Sulden (Italian Solda). How to get to Sulden, please see the main page of Vertainspitze. Later you should to take chair-lift to the Kanzel station or walk-up on foot (one and hal hours).

Route Description


From Kanzel lift station (2350 m) take the marked route nr 13 downstairs to Rosimtal, later walkp-up along the valley. On the right you will see the Rosimwände ( Rosim walls). The route leads on the rand of glacier (Rosimferner) up to pass Rosimjoch (3288 m) . From here to the left, on the southern ridge, route is marked by stone mounds. Then through rocks (light climbing up to UIAA I-II) and snow fields, to the summit (3545 m).

Essential Gear


Walking pools, wind- and sun protection. Please remember, that you are almost all the time over 3000 m.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.