Round Timber Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.35160°N / 123.2228°W
Additional Information County: Douglas
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 1969 ft / 600 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Round Timber Mountain is the dominant peak in the North Bank Deer Preserve, with ridges radiating in every direction. While not a large mountain in the strictest sense, it is an airy, lofty place to spend an afternoon training, and a worthwhile destination.

Getting There

The NBHMA is located five miles east of I-5 from near the town of Wilbur, the west entrance just past the five mile marker and the east entrance a further seven miles beyond. From the town of Roseburg, drive I-5 north approximately four miles to Winchester Exit 129, turn left on Highway 99 for two miles, then turn right onto North Bank Road. If coming from Eugene, take Wilbur Exit 135, cross over the freeway, then turn right on 99 for four miles until you get to North Bank Road, then turn left. After the five mile marker you will go around a sharp bend in the road, and immediately after you can park near the first locked green gate (taking care not to block the gate) or in the next, much larger parking area (although there is often many horse trailers parked here). Generally it is better to park at the second, larger parking area, all trail info is listed here, along with maps of the area.

Red Tape

No passes or permits are required

Camping

Camping is allowed

Weather

Being that this is a lower-elevation area, it is generally accessible year-round. For local weather condtions, click HERE

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.