Route from the South

Route from the South

Route from Lucknerhaus via Stüdlhut and Adlersruhe. This 3D view is a feature of the digital Austrian Map. See also at www.amap.at .
wuedesau
on Dec 17, 2006 7:08 pm
Image Type(s): Topo/Diagram,  Informational
Image ID: 252287

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Andrej Mašera

Andrej Mašera - Dec 17, 2006 8:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Thank you

You have discovered to us fine possibilities to study austrian mountains, as well, as other regions of your beautiful country. The digital technology has entered in the realm of dreams.

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Dec 25, 2006 9:09 pm - Hasn't voted

strange angle

this is a nice view but a strange angle. Probably you did the labelling and drawing of the route yourself. IMHO you mixed Grossglockner summit with Glocknerwand summit - look at Stuedlgrat ridge that should end on Grossglockner summit!

wuedesau

wuedesau - Dec 26, 2006 1:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: strange angle

Please keep in mind that the used DEM is based on a very rough grid (otherwise normal users couldn´t handle the data). The steep summit of Großglockner covers a very small area and the possibility to have a z-value for this point is naturally very small. Therefore the calculated topography can slightly differ from reality.
The 3d view is of course only intended to give an overall impression which is in my opinion quite good.

desainme

desainme - Dec 26, 2006 1:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Northward view

If desiring a view more suggestive of the mountain's abruptness, one may go to the tilta version of Google Earth.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4