San Gorgonio the long way, a ski trip

San Gorgonio the long way, a ski trip

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.10060°N / 116.8278°W
Additional Information Route Type: Backcountry ski trip
Additional Information Difficulty: Overnight trip, 7,600 ft gain, 28+ miles
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

There are very few multiple day ski tours in Southern California. This San Bernandino to San Gorgonio Traverse is the BEST!
Leave one car at Angeles Oaks and another at Jenks Lake Parking lot.

Route Description

From Angeles Oaks ski the 5,000ft gain to San Bernandino Peak crest . Follow the crest over San Bernandino Peak summit to San Bernandino East, Anderson Peak, Shields Peak, Charlton Peak, Little Charlton, Jepson Peak and then ski the long ridge from Jepson to San Gorgonio. Ski down one of the four North or North-East facing chutes of San Gorgonio to Dry Lake, then continue to your car at Jenks Lake parking lot. Great overnight trip in January or February.

Essential Gear

Back country skis (telemark or AT), tent, sleeping bags, winter clothing, stove, fuel, food, camera.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.