Viewing: 1-19 of 19
smason505

smason505 - Jul 15, 2007 7:00 pm - Voted 10/10

what a way to spend 10 days

great report and pictures.

Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers - Jul 15, 2007 7:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: what a way to spend 10 days

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

shknbke

shknbke - Jul 15, 2007 7:44 pm - Voted 10/10

nice

Congrats on the tagging all of these in one trip and saving some gas $! You may want to link this report to each of the these 14ers so people can find it.

Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers - Jul 15, 2007 7:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nice

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I just attached to all the 14ers. Have a good one.

Kruck

Kruck - Jul 16, 2007 1:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent

I have been anticipating this report since I saw your Help Wanted on 14ers.com. Good climbing, and very good TR. I'm curious at any point did you regret your frenetic schedule? It seems like you had a few moments to stop and smell the flowers (literally and figuratively), but I immagine they were few overall. Congrats on an excellently executed jihad.

Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers - Jul 16, 2007 11:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

Thanks for the comments. There were a few times during the trip where I felt like going to the hot springs instead of doing the next climb, but the solid schedule and the great partners I head kept the motivation. Fortunately my body was able to handle the rigor of the trip and I was able to pace myself in order to not overdo it. I had a very enjoyable time even though my legs were a little sore throughout some of the trip.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 16, 2007 6:40 pm - Voted 10/10

ell written and Presented

Good photos and text. You had phenomenal good luck with the San Juan weather, too. Congratulations! Your photos will be helpful to those that follow.

Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers - Jul 16, 2007 11:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ell written and Presented

Thanks for the kind words Aaron! Your contributions to Summitpost far surpass anything that I could add to the site. Have a good one.

Kiefer

Kiefer - Jul 21, 2007 10:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Impressive!

Wow, Scott! Without doubt, one of the better report I've read on this site. This is why a good trip report can serve one's questions almost better then route descriptions. When well-written with good, terrain-showing photos, trip reports like yours become, in my opinion, invaluable.
Can't believe you were on Uncompaghre's summit by 6:30am!
Your beta on El Diente and the traverse was great, Scott. I'll be using it in preps my my upcoming trip. So thanks for posting the pics.
How did the traverse look from Mt. Wilson over to Gladstone?
A+ report here, Scott.
Excellent work! Definately shows you commitied some time in typing and creating this.
And I hear ya about Colorado! This IS an awesome state to live in! :o)

Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers - Jul 24, 2007 10:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Impressive!

Thanks for the kind comments there Kiefer. It was a really incredible trip. I can give you more beta on the Wilsons if you like, just send me a PM with any specific questions. The Mt. Wilson -> Gladstone traverse looks to be pretty solid class 5, but there are a few fun couloirs you could take instead of sticking to the ridge proper. I'll try to find some pictures for you.

dmiki

dmiki - Jul 22, 2007 5:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Congratulations...

...and thank you for the read! Exciting part about the eyes in the dark. Cool glissade on Mt. Wilson! Keep it up!

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Jul 22, 2007 11:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Incredible trip!

The part about the cats even had my heart going faster, but the whole report was well-written. And how amazing to spend 10 days in a row in places like these. Nice photos too.

Garon Coriz

Garon Coriz - Jul 23, 2007 12:53 am - Hasn't voted

Simply Amazing

Great read and mind-blowing trip. Congratulations.

Dan Dalton

Dan Dalton - Jul 23, 2007 1:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Amazingly well put...

together. This was a real pleasure to read. The pictures and layout are also very awesome, thanks for posting!

Dan

Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers - Jul 24, 2007 10:12 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks

for the kind words everyone. Keep climbing!

-we can't change the world, but we can change the way we live.

jvarholak

jvarholak - Jul 26, 2007 9:50 pm - Voted 10/10

well done

your accomplishment speaks for itself (lucky 13, eh?)...your trail report is a fantastic read....what an awesome trip...congrats, john

Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers - Jul 27, 2007 1:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: well done

Thanks! I see you live in Fairfax. I lived there for about 9 years. Great place, but too far from the mountains, so I moved to Boulder. Take care, and thanks for reading.
-scott

Alaska Mt Man

Alaska Mt Man - Jul 26, 2007 11:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome

trip report! It was truly a great read and wonderful information. I suspect that you probably appreciated the accomplishment more afterwards than during? Congratulations on your showdown success!

telekelley - Jul 31, 2007 4:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks for sharing!

What an amazing trip, Scott! Congratulations on great weather and a perserving attitude! I empathize with the double-edged sword you found on this trip...IMO the San Juans are the most breathtakingly beautiful area of Colorado and I'm now trying to figure out how to live there so I've got it even worse than you. I did Sneffels back in the middle of May via the SW ridge route and was surprised to hear there was still so much snow, but I was happy for you. I think Sneffels is a much better climb with a snow route!

Your report was well-written and gave me an escape to the virtual mountains during my lunch hour. Thanks for taking the time to share your stories and pictures.

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'San Juan Showdown '07' main page