Schönfeldspitze Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
davidbolt

davidbolt - Feb 26, 2013 12:16 pm Date Climbed: Sep 8, 2012

Schoenfeldspitze: Inglostadthaus to Riemannhaus  Sucess!

I was hoping this to be an easy day following the Watzmann the day before. Starting from the Inglostadter its a quick blast over to the Riemannhaus. They happily, despite being completely full andstill serving breakfast, took my pack and booked me in the winter room. Up and along the ridge for the most fantastic views over the Pinzgau. The last stretch to the summit requires hands, the top is worth the effort, the most impressive summit and cross. I elected to go down to Buchauer Scharte and then cross country back to the Riemannhaus. Running low on water, following two hard days in the intense heat, I vowed never to come back to the Steinernes Meer and stick to the green pastures to the south. But deep down I loved it "the KoenigsJodler" was calling. The Riemannhaus has the best atmosphere of all the Huts I've visited, leading me to step well over my beer budget.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Aug 17, 2010 2:41 pm Date Climbed: Aug 9, 2010

E-W crossing  Sucess!

Mostly by SP descriptions we came on a 3-days trek on Buchauer Scharte, ascended by the E ridge and descended by the W ridge. Wonderful summit!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Schönfeldspitze' main page