Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Afzal

Afzal - Jan 17, 2011 4:43 am - Voted 10/10

Nice

trip report Mark. Thanks for sharing!
Best regards, Afzal

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 17, 2011 9:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

Thanks Afzal - again, especially having seen quite a few of your photos and articles now, I really appreciate your compliments. These mountains must seem minute compared to yours, in Baltistan, but nonetheless they can be severe as well as beautiful.
Best wishes, Mark

Jake

Jake - Jan 17, 2011 5:51 am - Voted 10/10

Scotland

Amazing photos. I wish you good luck with your Aconcagua attempt!

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 17, 2011 9:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Scotland

Thanks Jake - and hello to a fellow Brit! Not that many of us seem to use SP - but we do have our tuppenny worth to add with Scotland, North Wales etc!! And thanks for the good wishes for Aconcagua - I shall need all the luck I can get!
Best wishes, Mark

phlipdascrip

phlipdascrip - Jan 23, 2011 5:33 am - Voted 10/10

"Cool" trip!

Did your ipod hold up as expected? Good luck on Aconcagua!

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 23, 2011 2:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Hi Phil

Good to hear from you again - and thanks for the comment. Did you get up the Weissmies/Lagginhorn? (that was you wasn't it?)
The iPod was great in Scotland - and I look forward to seeing how high it will go on Aconcagua!
Best wishes, Mark

phlipdascrip

phlipdascrip - Jan 24, 2011 1:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hi Phil

Hm no that wasn't me but thanks for asking :p Looking forward to your report when you're back!
Cheers, Phil

PAROFES

PAROFES - Jan 24, 2011 6:37 am - Voted 10/10

Excelent TR

And fantastic photos!
If you dont mind, i just added one of them at my album "inside the tent views" !

Cheers mate

Paulo

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 24, 2011 1:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excelent TR

Thanks Paulo - and welcome, help yourself to the photos!

ktnbs

ktnbs - Jan 24, 2011 9:14 am - Hasn't voted

enjoyed

the report and photos. Best of luck on the big trip to the Andes.

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 24, 2011 1:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: enjoyed

Thanks ktnbs - glad you enjoyed it - and thanks for the kind wishes for my Andes trip.

aran

aran - Jan 24, 2011 11:19 am - Voted 10/10

Great writing

Thanks for your beautiful and detailed trip report. You captured the real, challenging, and powerful feel of solos in the winter. Best of luck on your trip to the Andes!

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great writing

Thanks Aran, appreciate your remarks - Yes, I think that few days in Scotland will have felt a lot more 'solo' than it is likely to on Aconcagua - not least from the recent Corax/Liba H trip report, where there is a picture of about 20 people stood on the summit! Not that this would detract at all from the joy I would feel if I am fortunate enough to reach the summit!

dadndave

dadndave - Jan 24, 2011 4:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page

A good read, and terrific photos. Someone (can't remember who) once remarked that the Himalaya is a good place to train for Scottish Winter Climbing!

Best of luck with Aconcagua - Don't forget the Vegemite.

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 24, 2011 5:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page

Thanks for the kind remarks. Yes - I heard that one as well (and also can't remember who). Thanks for the message about Vegemite - will look out for the squeeze tubes, but not seen them in this country - maybe they'll have them in the supermarkets in Argentina, given that it is also in the Southern Hemisphere?

WouterB

WouterB - Jan 26, 2011 5:53 am - Hasn't voted

Very nice TR!

Very nice TR!

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 26, 2011 12:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice TR!

Thanks WouterB! It was a very enjoyable trip!

gabem

gabem - Jan 27, 2011 5:41 am - Hasn't voted

Best of Luck!

Great TR and best of luck to you on Aconcagua. Will be looking forward to that solo TR as well.

markhallam

markhallam - Jan 27, 2011 1:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Best of Luck!

Thanks a lot Gabem - yes, I shall certainly try and write the trip up (assuming there is a story to tell!!)

BanPan - Feb 14, 2011 5:50 am - Voted 8/10

Great views

Really enjoyed reading your article, Mark, as I was also in the area at that time, doing some photography (See latest images on www.bananapancake.com). A couple of days before I'd camped on the summit of Aonach Mor. Superb, but cold conditions. Hope your Aconcagua climb was a success.

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Return to 'Scottish Highlands 2010 re-visited: a solo jaunt in the coldest December for 80 years. ' main page