Scoutin' Kings Peak 2007

Scoutin' Kings Peak 2007

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

In November of 2006, I took my scout troop to a presentation by Ed Viestures on his new book about summiting the 14 peaks over 8,000 meters. Well, it got them pumped, which is what I was hoping for. They cornered me and said that they wanted to bag Kings Peak. Well, they didn't have to twist my arm too much. We decided on the first week in August 2007 to summit. We were successful, getting 8 out of 10 scouts on the top of Utah. Not only was it a success by summiting, but it gave a few of the boys a whole new experience. Some of them had never been backpacking, let alone a 5 day adventure. I'm proud of them, because it was not easy. But, I hope that it is an event that they will always remenber. I know I will.

Include text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
JDrake

JDrake - Sep 17, 2009 12:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Glad I found this...

Great stuff!

imontop

imontop - Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Glad I found this...

Thanks man! It was a great and successful trip. I just realized though, there isn't a picture of the boys on top. I'll have to see if i can find one. We didn't make the summit as a group. There were three groups spread along the ridge, depending on how they felt. In the end it worked out. Luckily, all the leaders were in "mountain" shape.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.