Viewing: 1-5 of 5
awilsondc

awilsondc - Sep 3, 2012 11:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Helpful

Thanks for making this album. I've had my eye on this route for years now. I hope to make it up there soon and I have a much better idea of what to expect now.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Sep 4, 2012 8:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Helpful

I'm glad you found it useful. I actually went back to finish the route a few weeks ago. There's a trip report and video you can see here. I hope to post the same content on SP as well but I'm way too busy outside with the good weather lately.

Redwic

Redwic - Sep 4, 2012 9:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Helpful

I also went back and successfully summited this peak, just last week. The conditions are perfect for an ascent, currently. You could do it as one very long day, but I would recommend camping/bivying at the base of the West Ridge slopes in one of the nice mini-basins. If bivying, you can also find some great spots on the ridge crest, itself, early on.

awilsondc

awilsondc - Sep 6, 2012 12:21 am - Voted 10/10

I'm jealous

that you both got to summit just recently! Thanks for the video link gimpilator, the video is awesome! Looks like a great day you guys had. I also like the idea of doing this as an overnighter Redwic. I just pulled off a 16 mile, 10 hour day trip last weekend, and those long days can be pretty rough toward the end. Thanks again guys.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Sep 30, 2012 3:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I'm jealous

Thank you. I'm glad you like the video. It's a lot of fun to make those.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Scrambling The South Twin' main page