Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 8, 2007 1:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Unfinished Business

Sounds like this is one piece of unfinished business you can afford to pass up. There are many other nicer (and better quality) mountains out there upon which you will less likely waste your time and effort on. Great report and well written-both of you! Jackie-good job on making it to the top and kudos to attm's leadership.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Jul 8, 2007 2:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice job!

Seems to me that at least part of the "underestimation" isn't your fault--you had, for example, no way of knowing about the logging road closure, and hence the additional time required. I suppose Chimney Rock is just typical San Juan rotten stuff, but it sounds to me like you guys did an awful lot right, or you wouldn't have made it, and Alan's injury could have been much worse. Good job on a tough mountain! (And a really nice TR, too!)

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Jul 8, 2007 8:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice write-up

My ankle is doing well. There's still some swelling and soreness but it should be back to normal in a couple of weeks. I have a bruise on my ass as big as a grapefruit and that's no exaggeration.

ktimm

ktimm - Jul 9, 2007 10:45 am - Hasn't voted

Nice report

Glad you are feeling somewhat better and glad the trip turned out ok. My experience as a whole is that the rock sucks in the Cimarrons, of course that gives them some of the cool look. I'm with Aaron, there are a lot better mountains to attempt and spend your time on.

seth@LOKI

seth@LOKI - Jul 10, 2007 12:49 am - Hasn't voted

loose

and no pro. I read the book. not into it. glad you made it.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Seduced by Chimney Rock' main page