Seeblick (Lakeview) Trail

Seeblick (Lakeview) Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.96456°N / 11.40587°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Difficulty: Hike
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Tribulaun Group from AllerleigrubenspitzeSummit View Allerleigrubenspitze

From the parking lot at the end of the Obernberg Valley a panoramic trail leads up to the Stubai Alps Main Ridge, heading across Allerleigrubenspitze and Koatnerberg. The ridge meets the main ridge on Hoher Lorenzen, from where you turn west towards Grubenkopf. The first part of this route is a bit boring, as it follows a zigzagging dirtroad up to Allerleigrubenspitze but once you cross the timberline you can enjoy the finest views for the rest of the day.

Getting There

See the Getting There information on the main page. Look for the itinerary for Obernberg.

Route Description

Summit View Hoher Lorenzen. The ridge towards Grubenkopf to the left, the one to Allerleigrubenspitze to the right.

  • General data
      - Start altitude: 1438m
      - Summit altitude: 2337m
      - Prevailing exposure: E, later S
      - Type: 4h
      - Protection: None
  • Effort: 1200m elevation gain
  • Power: 1 - Easy
  • Psyche: 1 - Unproblematic
  • Orientation: 1 - Marked and easy

    From the parking lot at the end of Obernberg Valley follow the signs which lead onto the Seeblickweg (=Lakeview Trail). It leads you back to the village of Obernberg across the meadows on the sides of the Seebach Creek. Maps claim that there is a trail heading steeply up the mountain shortly after you cross the creek but we haven't been able to find it. Instead you can hike back to Obernberg, where a signed path (dirt road) heads up towards Allerleigrubenspitze. The long swings of the switchbacks are a bit boring but after about an hour you will reach the timberline and views open.

    Between the timberline and Allerleigrubenspitze trail finding is a bit tricky but you can't go wrong by heading upwards. Several ponds are located on the ridge beside the trail and you wind your way between them. After Allerleigrubenspitze the path heads steeply down into a little saddle only to climb again to the slightly higher Koatnerberg. From there the path to Hoher Lorenzen is freely visible, again a descent into a saddle, then a somewhat steep ascent to the summit cross.

    Now turn west onto the Stubai Alps main ridge and head down into the Sandjöchl Pass. Here several trails, paths and roads meet, one of which heads on to Geierskragen. The main route to Grubenkopf passes Geierskragen to its north, however, only to climb the final destination along its north-east ridge.

    Essential Gear

    Hiking gear is sufficient.

  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.