Viewing: 1-5 of 5
donhaller3

donhaller3 - Feb 9, 2009 3:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Access problem

We were told both at the visitor center or HQ and at the Garr Ranch that there was no access in this area. This was early in the week before Memorial Day 2008. It might pay visitors to clarify this in advance. The people we talked to were all volunteers, and some word from park management staff might help.

Fleshj27

Fleshj27 - Apr 7, 2012 9:11 pm - Voted 10/10

It's in China?

Hey Eric, checked the Long/Lat location on your site and it sends me to china...bummer.

Also, discovered you CAN climb Sentry if you ask the Ranger at Garr Ranch really nicely--Going to do a page!

imontop

imontop - Apr 9, 2012 10:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: It's in China?

Really? Geez I put that page up a couple of years ago. I'll get it fixed. Thanks. So, do you have to ask every ranger nicely, or did you just catch one on a good day?

Fleshj27

Fleshj27 - Apr 11, 2012 10:47 am - Voted 10/10

Re: It's in China?

Honestly, I'm not sure. Basically he didn't tell me no, didn't say yes, said they see people on top all the time, and finished with "what you do up there is your business". I got the feeling the stay off the top rule was pro-forma. (that is, until erosion sets in!)

imontop

imontop - Apr 12, 2012 9:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: It's in China?

Sounds like you talked with a nice ranger. When I hiked it, I was told under no circumstances was I to leave the trail. So, I didn't. I got busted once by a trail cop on Frary Peak when I was off the trail. Threatened to call the rangers in. Have fun, and I'll look forward to seeing your page.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Sentry Trail (Antelope Island)' main page