Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Feb 18, 2008
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Winter

Perfect Day

This is a great day trip if you live anywhere near the Bellingham Area. You can drive to the plowed parking lot adjacent to the upper ski lodge area without having to pay any fees. There must be 3 acres of parking that is not part of the congested ski/boarding area. Plus, it gets you to about 4,000 feet. From this parking lot you can hike, ski, snowshoe next to the groomed ski/board runs or just walk the run (road in summer) toward Table Mountain. There is a well worn trail, stomped down good enough this day to just pack the snowshoes. There is also plenty of open areas the higher you get if you want deep untracked snow once you leave the ski/boarding area behind. It takes about one hour to get past the Lake Ann trail head and up to the Artist Point parking area that is plowed in the summer. The snow is so deep now you can pretty much go straight up to the Table Mountain plateau for fantastic views of Baker, Shuksan, Ruth, American Border, Tomyhoi, Glacier and more. It gets a little steep, so bring what makes you safe and comfortable. We just used our trekking poles on the way up, but boot steps were good. I had wished I got out my ice axe which we did have in hand on the way down. Once on top, there is plenty of area to rome. We used the snow shoes once on top to get around to the west side of the plateau. Cornices were huge. Great trip with my Son, Andrew. We highly recommend the reasonably easy trip for great views.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Table MountainTrip Reports