Snows Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.94800°N / 71.479°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in the "Getting There" section of the main page.

Route Description


This is the trail that takes you to the highest trailside point on Snows Mountain of 2,780 feet on the southeast ridge. From there it is a farther two tenths of a mile to the summit if you're that hardcore on reaching the actual highest point. This trail passes the most interesting view on Snows Mountain which opens up to a panorama of Mts. Osceola, Tecumseh, and all the Tripyramids as well as many of the other peaks around the Waterville Valley.

The trail is very rewarding in the summer time if you're seeking a nice solitary hike with decent views and some interesting sights along the way. This would also be a good snow shoeing trail in the winter time, just stay off the ski slopes because they will be packed.

To complete the loop the round-trip distance is 3.9 miles with a total elevation gain of just over 1,300 feet from the trailhead.

Essential Gear


Comfortable hiking shoes, snacks/water, trekking poles, and a camera.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.