South Chute Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Klenke

Klenke - Sep 29, 2008 11:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Terrible Traverse, etc.

Nice route page. This is a moderately complex route and you captured it pretty well. As for the TT, in late season you can walk right underneath that steep snow apron on dirt/mud and it is not dangerous.

We climbed Constance two weekends ago. For the part after the Finger Traverse, after contouring around to the final summit area descending slightly in the process, we simply took to one or more of the several gully options to get up to the final ridge line (I'm talking about the gullies visible at center in this shot). None of these gullies we were in rated harder than Class 3. On the return, we took the lower ramp, which dumps you more toward the TT, which we took back.

larryN

larryN - Sep 30, 2008 1:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Terrible Traverse, etc.

Thanks. I added your comments about the TT in the introductory section, along with a link to Eric's West Arete trip report. He climbed it in late Sept with Sergio. I also added another comment to the picture you linked. That's good feedback about the gullies, and I'm going to modify that portion of the page. I like your idea to use the ramp on the descent to avoid down-climbing the gullies.

wallygrundle - May 19, 2009 10:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Constance page

I just made pages for Jupiter and the Brothers, and in looking for a "why isn't there already...?" it seems there was a former SP member who left and all the pages s/he owned got deleted, a lot of them being Olympic peaks. If you have the time to make a Constance page, I'd say do it. It's one of the climbs I'm planning for this summer, so if you haven't made one by the time I climb it, I'll create the page, and I'd really like to attach your route page to it.

larryN

larryN - May 31, 2009 2:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Constance page

Alpendave is back at summitpost, and his pages have been resurrected.

Edit: Now I see this mountain is in the capable hands of mvs and OlympicMtnBoy.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'South Chute' main page