Viewing: 1-8 of 8
yatsek

yatsek - Oct 26, 2008 6:42 am - Voted 10/10

Great Insight

into what it's like off the marked trail.

jck

jck - Oct 26, 2008 10:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Insight

Thanks. That's easy accesible route. The route itself is also not difficult, pretty straightforward but we had a lot of fun there.

jacek

yatsek

yatsek - Oct 26, 2008 11:54 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Great Insight

Hi Jacek,
And you described it in detail.
Cheers,
Jacek

dadndave

dadndave - Nov 1, 2008 1:14 am - Voted 10/10

Good Page

Nice work, jacek. BTW I haven't forgotten about that old book about the Tatra. I am waiting for my friend to decide if he is happy for me to post it to you. It was his mother's (she spoke and wrote fluent Polish)so in one way he thinks the book should go "home" but on the other hand it is a family treasure. He can't decide.

jck

jck - Nov 1, 2008 5:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Page

Thanks Graham!
I understand the situation. When you come up with something, you can count on me. If I could help I would, for sure.
jacek.

visentin

visentin - Nov 1, 2008 4:01 am - Voted 10/10

Hincovo pleso - Przelęcz pod Chłopkiem

Great page ! One of my projects is to make one day the traverse via Przelęcz pod Chłopkiem from Slovakia to Poland and I always wondered if the big diagonal crack we see on the picture 139771 (starting on the east shore of Hincovo pleso) is the place where the (unofficial) way is going. I have this route described in the Tatras Rother walking guide, but the description is very vague. It would be gret if you could place a red line on the picture 139771 to locate it !
Do you think Mengusovsky Stit Czarny is possible without rockclimbing gear, for the only mountaineer ?
Cheers,
Eric

jck

jck - Nov 1, 2008 5:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hincovo pleso - Przelęcz pod Chłopkiem

Thank you, Eryk.
The route from Slovakia goes via this diagonal crack, that's the most obvious option. The rock is rotten on that side and you go mostly by huge screes. I cannot drew a scetch on this photo, because it's not mine, I attached it from other SP page. But don't worry- the route is easy to find.
Mieguszowiecki Szczyt Czarny is definitely ok. It's a hike with little scrambling: no special gear or skills required, the route is easy to find /cairns/.
Wish you a great trip!
jacek.

visentin

visentin - Nov 1, 2008 3:51 pm - Voted 10/10

thanks

My plan is to make a loop, the 1st day being Rysy via Bielovodska Dolina (see this)
Any SP-er is welcome to do this with me next summer/autumn ! (Tomek,Thomas,Peter,Yatsek,Kamil ?)

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'South- East Ridge' main page