Viewing: 1-8 of 8
JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Sep 10, 2012 7:19 pm - Voted 10/10

The pictures are marvellous

like a coffee table book right here on my screen. Keep up the good work. 10/10

lcarreau

lcarreau - Sep 10, 2012 8:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome photography ..

Also gets 10/10 from me.

Scott Armstrong

Scott Armstrong - Mar 13, 2014 11:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Transportation?

Great pics and story. Curious how you managed to get from North Lake back to South Lake where, I presume, you had parked your vehicle?

Wheatus

Wheatus - Mar 22, 2014 2:07 am - Hasn't voted

Getting Back to South Lake

I planned to hitch a ride much to the dismay of my son. I asked a nice couple on top of Piute Pass. The guy was not pleased but the lady offered their services. I offered to buy them beers or dinner in Bishop but they refused. The lady said, "this gesture is 'paying it forward' in case they get stuck sometime." Funny part was we met a solo hiker at the South Lake parking lot that needed a ride to Bishop. We invited him to dinner at the Chinese place near the supermarket. We were paying it forward.

Very cool to know my trip report still lives on!

KevinBirder

KevinBirder - Mar 27, 2014 9:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Beautiful Pictures

Very nice story, the pictures are so beautiful! I had viewed this post many times, bought a Tom Harrison map for this loop, will do it soon!

genomonteiro@gmail.com - May 8, 2014 2:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Beautiful Pics Beautiful words

So I just have one question....if you could do the trip again would you still go south lake to north lake? my wife and I are going to do the trip this summer and I don't know which direction is the least strenuous. Thank you in advance.

Wheatus

Wheatus - May 12, 2014 1:56 am - Hasn't voted

North Lake to South Lake

The uphill grind from Muir Ranch to Puite Pass is long and tiring. But then the grind from Le Conte Canyon over Bishop Pass is about the same elevation gain but slightly shorter. We met a group that did North Lake to South Lake. They said it was easier based on their analysis .....looks about the same to me.

Bigdogjoe - Sep 6, 2014 3:11 am - Hasn't voted

Camera

Hi, great pictures and write up. Your son will definitely benefit from this trip and having you around. What camera did you use?

Thanks
Jose

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'South Lake/North Lake Loop' main page