Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jul 26, 2010 12:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Ah, memories

Back in 1999, I got my first real taste of altitude sickness on this trail. I don't know why; I had spent two nights already at the same altitudes up around Monarch Lakes. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad-- dizziness and weakness-- and resting and eating helped it pass.

I also remember the mosquitoes and the incredibly beautiful scenery, one great lake after another. And Dusy Basin still stands as one of the most gorgeous places I have seen. Muir Pass and the lakes around it were also awesome.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Jul 26, 2010 3:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ah, memories

This area holds a lot of memories for me as well. Once a long departed friend and I got caught in a late spring blizzard. We had to scrap our plans to do a famous couloir on Mt.Gilbert.

I love the fact that you start from nearly 10,000 feet and you are already in the heart of the Sierras. Mosquitos, however, are a different story. I have learned how to deal with the little devils by wearing a long sleeve shirt, long pants and mosquito netting on my face.

Thanks for the visit and the comment, Bob.

yatsek

yatsek - Jul 27, 2010 4:37 am - Voted 10/10

Beautiful Pix

As always, or maybe even better? :) (not to mention the gorgeous layout, Marc)
Cheers
Jacek

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful Pix

Thank you very much, Jacek. I just wanted to do something a little different. I am so glad you like the photos and the layout.

All the best,
Marc

EricChu

EricChu - Aug 5, 2010 3:01 am - Voted 10/10

I really enjoy this page of yours!

Excellent description, very imaginative layout and beautiful photos! Congratulations Marc!

fossana

fossana - Aug 6, 2010 11:30 am - Voted 10/10

thanks

One of my favorite trailheads. Nice pics.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 8, 2010 2:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks

Thank you very much, Fossana. Bishop Pass trail is one of my favorite hikes in the Sierras.
Thanks for the visit and the comment.

RayMondo

RayMondo - Sep 17, 2010 4:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Nicely constructed

A fine piece of crafted work indeed.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 17, 2010 4:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nicely constructed

Thank you very much, Ray. I hope that it will come in handy for a hiker looking for a good hike. Cheers,

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'South Lake to Bishop Pass Trail' main page