South ridge and SouthEast wall

South ridge and SouthEast wall

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.51350°N / 7.26590°E
Additional Information Route Type: Rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: II/III
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the Rifugio Vittorio Emanuele (2.730m.) up on snow field/Moncorvè Glaciers to Colle del Gran Paradiso (3.345m.).

Route Description


The route starts from the col and follows exactly the ridge up to a big shoulder (3.530m.) Few orizontal meters and you reach another small shoulder still by the ridge. At this point the Aiazzi/Oggioni route goes straight up to the wide spur directly to the summit ( Diff: IV/V).The Bonacossa route turns right for about 50 m. to reach a wide gully/wall.
Follow this gully (mainly rock) directly to the summit ( quite easy except two small overhanging steps).
From the col: 2-3 hours
Difficult: II/III
This route can be a more interesting route to Gran Paradiso because from the summit of Becca di Moncorvè it takes only 1-1,5 hours to summit the G. Paradiso.

Essential Gear


Rope, easy belay with slings.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.