South trail from Wochenbrunner Alm

South trail from Wochenbrunner Alm

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start from Wochenbrunner Alm, as described in the main section.

Route Description


Follow the gravel road to Gaudeamushütte (closed for traffic). You will reach this cottage (1267 m) after some 30 minutes. From there, a clearly marked trail leads up to Ellmauer Tor (1995 m), the second half of which is gravel. But as the trail isn't too steep, the gravel presents no problem.

From Ellmauer Tor, follow the sign to Hintere Goinger Halt. This last part is steep, but doesn't demand rock climbing techniques. A few rocky passages are secured by cables.

Essential Gear


Hiking gear, good shoes in particular. No wells above 1267 m, so have enough water. It's a South slope, and the sun will be burning.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Geography
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.