Summit View

Summit View

The view northward from Graybeard. In the foreground is Rocky Knob, connected by ridge to Blue Ridge Pinnacle (5665') at upper right. On the upper left skyline, dark green because of their fir forests, are the Black Mountains,including Potato Knob, Clingman's Peak (with radio tower), and 6684-foot Mt. Mitchell (the distant hogsback at top center).
chugach mtn boy
on Oct 22, 2011 9:28 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 755505

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
BobSmith

BobSmith - Oct 24, 2011 5:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Looks...

like you guys picked a grand day to hike Graybeard! For whatever reason, I still have not hiked that peak!

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Oct 24, 2011 5:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks...

Yep, I remember you saying a while back you were hoping to get up to Graybeard--was it this summer or last? The upper Swannanoa Valley are my boyhood home mountains so I'm a little biased, but I think you'll be pretty pleased with what you find. I've left you Walkers Knob to put on Summitpost (a good side trip partway up Graybeard)--my daughters and I were late for our pickup so we didn't get out there.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Oct 25, 2011 6:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Looks...

I've only taken one hike there. I put the summit here...good grief...I've already forgotten the name of the peak! We hiked in the snow and the trail system was in bad shape from a tremendous amount of deadfall that the volunteer crews had not removed at that point.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Oct 25, 2011 6:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Brushy Knob it was ...

... such a memorable name!! But that page of yours is what inspired me to tackle the rest of the Seven Sisters range.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4