Viewing: 1-5 of 5
T Sharp

T Sharp - Oct 19, 2008 12:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

This is one of my favorite mountain ranges in our beautiful state.
Thanks for doing it justice!
Cheers;
Tim

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Oct 19, 2008 7:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Several things....

Good to see this terrific (and relatively unknown, except to locals) range on SP!

It may be of interest to note that several years ago a pair of Trumpeter Swans nested on one of the lakes close to Seeley Lake. The female was killed when she flew into power lines, the male raised the Cygnets, and at least the following summer, the family returned to the same lake. That was a couple years ago, and I've not heard one way or the other whether they've returned.

Anyway, nice page....

Vernon

samh

samh - Oct 20, 2008 11:46 am - Voted 10/10

A Necessary Addition

Having spent a few years of my life living in both Whitefish and West Glacier the Swan Range was a formidable backdrop to my life for quite some time. Columbia Mountain represents a tick mark in my summit list and the Jewel Basin a gorgeous place ranking very highly on my list of gorgeous places visited.

Your depth of information is perfect, FlatheadNative and you've peppered the page with some gorgeous photos. I've added a link to this range to the Montana Ranges list here on Summit Post.

Dean

Dean - Oct 22, 2008 7:41 am - Voted 10/10

Outstanding

Very well done, another SP treasure (fits the Treasure State nicely). I appreciate all the work you have put into this one and will share it with my brother who lives in Bigfork. Again, an outstanding page.

stinkycheezman33

stinkycheezman33 - Dec 3, 2008 1:09 pm - Voted 10/10

great page

never visited this area, but always wanted to. this page reawakened that fire. some day...

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Swan Range (MT)' main page