Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 37.08248°N / 113.94685°W
Additional Information County: Washington
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4045 ft / 1233 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Nice little peak to climb in the Beaver Dam Wash National Conservation Area. The views from the summit are extraordinary and the area seems to be nearly void of people. The hike to the summit is easy not requiring more than an hour or so roundtrip. There is no trailhead nor trail to the summit so it's total bushwacking through beautiful desert plants. There's plenty of rock outcroppings and cliffs to make things interesting. 

Getting There

From St. George, Utah head west out of town on Old Highway 91. Follow that west, cross over the mountain pass, then look for Lytle Ranch Road on the right. This BLM gravel road is in excellent condition. Continue on to BLM Road 0084 (well marked) and make a left hand turn here. This road too is in fairly good condition. 2 wheel drive would be just fine. Approximately one mile along BLM Road 0084 stop and pick your way up the mountain.

Route

No set route here. It's bushwacking all the way. There would appear to be tons of routes up the mountain. The suggested route on Google Maps not so good I think.

Red Tape

No red tape here. Just go climb.

When to Climb

I suspect that this mountain could be climbed anytime of the year. Even on a hot, summer day in the desert since it's only about one hour roundtrip.

Camping

There are plenty of free designated sites on both sides of Old Highway 91. Sites have metal fire rings and site marker posts. There seem to be numerous dispersed sites as well. 

External Links

Add External Links text here.