The Billy Goats of Mount Timpanogos

The Billy Goats of Mount Timpanogos

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Wildlife

The Billy Goats of Mt Timpanogos

If the Mountain Goats of Utah had a home, Mount Timpanogos would certainly be the place. Introduced from out of state, these "Billy Goats" (another name for a mountain goats) thrive on the rugged and vast terrain that this mountain provides. Over the years their populations have exploded, increasing the chances of catching a "Billy Goat Bonus" while climbing Timpanogos. To find these animals it is best to look at the cliffs and where ever you happen to hear falling rocks. Another good place to check is snow patches. Due to their years of exposure to humans these animals will allow you to get quite close as long as you do not spook them off. My advice for getting a Mountain Goat close up is to get somewhat close to them, and then allow them to come closer to you. If you happen to have a picture of a Billy Goat that was taken on Mount Timpanogos, please feel free to attach them to this album.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.