The "Home Court" 100 Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Redwic

Redwic - Aug 18, 2010 11:35 am - Voted 10/10

Correction...

You need to reverse the names for Silver Eagle Peak and Bald Eagle Peak. Bald Eagle Peak is actually the 6259' peak east of Silver Eagle Peak (6241'). During the past half-century or so, the USGS made a clerical error when creating maps and accidentally reversed the names ofthese two peaks on the maps. Then online resources, such as Google Maps and Peakbagger.com, continued the error using the recent maps as a guide rather than the original correct information. Fred Beckey mentions this error in one of his books, but a great logical explanation and description has been provided by local peakbagger Mike Collins here. As a person dedicated to keeping SummitPost, and especially the "Alpine Lakes Wilderness"-related sections of SummitPost, as accurate as possible, I wanted to have you be aware of this issue to help your list maintain accuracy as well as to help limit the growth of a peak name error.

Arkitekt

Arkitekt - Aug 18, 2010 5:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Correction...

That is an interesting error. I looked back to the original list and it too had that error. I have just fixed it here though. I flipped two others based on information I found here on SP. On the original list Mt Hinman is sited as rank #3 with 7492 and Lemah Mountain is rank #4 with 7480+.
Looking at the postings on SP I found that Lemah mountain was sited here as 7512 feet which would put it above Hinman. If that information is incorrect you may want to notify both me and the creator of those pages.

ericnoel

ericnoel - Aug 18, 2010 1:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Home Court

Isolation is spelled incorrectly.

You need to give more love to Jeff Howbert. As it stands you talk about the creation of the list but no mention is made of the creator-- Howbert. Just a little link at the bottom to his site. Not only did he conceive of the parameters for the list but he had to do a lot of manual map work to come up with the list of peaks and the prominence and such. He should be mentioned prominently on the page since he came up with the idea and did all of the original work.

Arkitekt

Arkitekt - Aug 18, 2010 4:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Home Court

Thank you for the corrections. I make that typing error frequently io to oi. Not sure why. I have also added a bit more about Jeff Howbert. Let me know if you think it's appropriate.

Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash - Aug 21, 2010 10:32 am - Voted 10/10

Pictures

I've attached pictures that you can use for Terrace Mountain, Alaska Mountain, and The Citadel. The pictures you have used for Bryant Peak and Alaska Mountain are not of the mountains themselves, but of views from the summit.

car@shanwil.com - Apr 16, 2020 6:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Homecourt Finishers

I finished on Venus Mons, aka Venus-Spade, aka Ares Peak on 18 July 2014. I think Don Goodman said at the time that I was the 4th finisher.

I finished the Backcourt peaks about a year later: Horselake Mountain on 18 July, 2015.

Chris Robertson

car@shanwil.com - Aug 24, 2020 11:09 pm - Hasn't voted

5th finisher.

I checked the dates - seem my post above. Looks like I am the 5th Home Court finisher: Venus Mons, aka Venus-Spade, aka Ares Peak on 18 July 2014.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'The "Home Court" 100' main page