The Long Twisting Rib ( 100 Classics Rou

The Long Twisting Rib ( 100 Classics Rou

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.65610°N / 118.3103°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: III, 5.4
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Shephard Pass trail ( arguably worse than the climb ) to a camp in Williamson Bowl.

Route Description


We followed the drainage east from Williamson Bowl below the North Face of Mt. Williamson to around 11,000', contouring up and East to the Rib. We crossed the Rib and climbed the Rib primarily on its East side. Lots and lots of 3rd class lead to a huge tower which is climbed on the left side. Eventually the walls close in from the left and one is wise to rope up for the last bit. About 3 pitches of class 4 - easy 5 lead to a notch, followed by one more pitch to the top of the West Horn. From here, follow the West Horn description in the Secor guide. Enjoyable, long, recomended.

Essential Gear


A small rack, slings, rope, lots of water!

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.