The Maigmó north face

The Maigmó north face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.50116°N / 0.63274°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.3 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Explanation

This north face is a simply scramblig route, there is no similarity with many other north faces, harder, longer,...


Getting There

From Alicante

Take the A7 highway to the Agost crossing, take the CV-805 secondary road until we find a little road on the left that lead us to the Alicante Balcony. 1 or 2 kilometers before this point, in a left curve, we find a forest road closed by a chain with a no entry traffic sign, this is our starting/ending point.


Route Description

Follow this forest road over 15’ until we find a little and quite invisible path on the left (I seem to remember that coincide with another path on the right side), take it and walk among the bush, always in direction to the wall. Once you have arrived, look for an old vertical wire to help us climbing the wall. I DON’T RECOMMEND TO USE IT, THE WIRE IS WRONG ANCHORED and besides, it’s not necessary (III) (photo). If we look back, we see the curious silhouette of the Sierra del Cid with its two summits (photo). Following the track, there is another wire, this one horizontal and better anchored, to cross a rock slope (photo). From here, we’ll reach the summit looking for the best route between the adhesive rock.

The descent, we’ll make it by the “normal” route to the Alicante balcony (East direction). Once we have arrived there, we’ll take the asphalted road to the car.

A wire in the Maigmó north face. 2004.10.15The first wire. DO NOT USE IT!

Sierra del Cid at the sunset. 2004.10.15Sierra del Cid east face

A wire in the Maigmó north face. 2004.10.15The second wire

Essential Gear

Comfortable shoes/clothing
Hat/cap, especially in summer
Water (There is no water around the route)
Camera to take a lot of shots, and sharing here, at summitpost!


Sketch

Maigmó north face sketch


In this sketch you can see the route. The red line is the ascent route and the blue one is the descent route.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.