The Tarryall Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Mar 9, 2009 12:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page.

Nice work on this, Sarah. Cool area with interesting peaks.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Mar 9, 2009 12:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page.

Thanks, Jeremy. I felt like SP needed more information on this area...it's not quite in any of the nearby mountain ranges and it's not really part of South Park. Still, there are some great lower summits in the area and it's such a pleasant place to visit. >:) Since we own property in the area, we "visit" quite a bit.

Safe climbing!

Sarah

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Mar 26, 2010 1:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Trying to get a handle on this...

Bubba,

"The Tarryall" is kindof how the locals refer to this general area - the valley and surrounding peaks.

No, it wouldn't be appropriate to add the Puma Peaks page to this one as a child. The Tarryall and Puma Peaks overlap in places, but one does not entirely encompass the other.

Also, there are some peaks on the eastern edge of South Park that just don't have a home - no range to speak of.

I agree, there are no neat borders/boundaries for this area, but that's part of what I like about it.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Mar 26, 2010 1:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Trying to get a handle on this...

Fair enough. By the way, have you ever been to the Cotchetopa Hills? I hiked there once when I was in CO with the Boy Scouts 20 years ago. Puma Hills made me think of it, is all. I don't think there is a single SP page for the area or any peaks in it.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Mar 26, 2010 2:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Trying to get a handle on this...

Bubba,

Nope, I've never set my eyes on teh Cotchetopa Hills. I have the Trails Illustrated map, though. LOL!

Sadly, there are a lot of people in the Colorado mountain community who think that peaks below 13k are "not worth bothering with." I think that, in part, explains why an area like teo C-Hills have gone uncovered on SP.

Sarah

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'The Tarryall' main page