Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Aug 15, 2006 1:19 pm - Voted 10/10

You're Not ...

You're not in Oklahoma anymore, Aaron! Sounds like a great trip. I especially like the signature photo of Ryan standing above the clouds. Now ***that's*** something you don't see in Oklahoma! --mark d., Midwest City

Aaron Dyer

Aaron Dyer - Aug 15, 2006 3:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You're Not ...

Unfortunately, we had to come back. School is about to start and I suppose we had to be around for it.

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Aug 15, 2006 6:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: You're Not ...

Oh, I know about school! My son is starting his junior year at Oklahoma School of Science and Math and he spent much of the summer doing homework in preparation for the start of the new year. He moved into the dorm this past Sunday, and has a math test Saturday (they test two Saturdays a month). Just a week ago he and I were standing on top of Mt. Evans! It was so cool (literally, it was in the high 30's). --mark d.

jordansahls

jordansahls - Aug 16, 2006 2:17 am - Voted 10/10

Nice climbing!

You did something that is almost impossible for the locals to do, climb both baker and Rainier within 2 weeks of each other, the fact that you threw forbidden in there is the icing. Sweet climbs, but if you can, tell everyone in the Midwest that Washington is just really really rainy!

Aaron Dyer

Aaron Dyer - Aug 16, 2006 4:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice climbing!

I will tell them, although you probably don't have a lot to worry about as far as crowds go from here. Most of the people here kinda shun from the idea of going that far away and risking prolonged wet spells. But thank you, we got really lucky with our weather, it actually clouded up for good it looked like as soon as we got off of Rainier.

mvs

mvs - Apr 16, 2007 6:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome tr!

Yeah, you did get really lucky with the weather! Nice to see your positive comments about Washington. I think it's the very best mountain state in the U.S. (begin flame war!).

Aaron Dyer

Aaron Dyer - Apr 17, 2007 11:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome tr!

I agree with you. That was Ryan's first trip to Washington and my fourth. He got back and was looking through his Colorado 14er's book and called me to say, and i quote, "Thanks for killing Colorado for me."

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Three for Three' main page