Through Čierne Sedlo

Through Čierne Sedlo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12200°N / 20.12000°E
Additional Information Route Type: easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Chata pri Zelenom Plese (how to get to Chata pri Zelenom Plese look at main page of Cierny Stit)

Route Description



1. Chata pri Zelenom Plese – Mala Zmrzla Dolina UIAA I, 1 h 30 min

From Chata pri Zelenom Plese take the red marked trail leading to Skalnate Pleso and after a few meters beyond a bridge on Biela Voda Kezmarska stream turn right (west) (through fence) on a non-marked, good treaded path. Follow this path, first along the south shore of Zelene Pleso, next among dwarf mountain pine (pinus mugo) and finally on screes to a high (100m), rocky step of Vel’ka Zmrzla (Dzika) Valley with two picturesque waterfalls. Ascend to a foot of the wall on the right from waterfalls to a beginning of a rib.

Climb through the rocky step following protective chains on a lower verge of Vel’ka Zmrzla Valley. Here turn right and climb steeply up through triangular grass plot to a foot of Czarny Grzbiet’s headwall (pic).

From this place still in right direction climb first down and next traverse by a system of ledges and little walls, under the headwall of Czarny Grzbiet, on a horizontal ledge with mountain pine. Follow this ledge until the end. From this place start to climb up, first through grassy slope and next by ledges and rocky steps and finally down by scree on a bottom of Mala Zmrzla Dolina.

2. Mala Zmrzla Dolina – Cierne Sedlo walk-up, 1 h 30 min

Follow a distinct path in the west direction, leading on the left (south) part of Mala Zmrzla Valley (on the right you pass by the way two rocky steps crossing a bottom of the valley) up to the highest terrace of the valley. Cross this terrace obliquely and climb up by scree and grassy slope on a main ridge – 80m to the north direction from the lowest incision of Cierne Sedlo.

3. Cierne Sedlo – Cierny Stit UIAA I, 1 h

On the pass turn left (south) climb down on the lowest point of Cierne Sedlo and next by an edge of the ridge through crags and finally rocky blocks on a summit of Cierny Stit.


Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear. For not good climbers - rope.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.