Tiny Babica lake NE of...

Tiny Babica lake NE of...

Tiny Babica lake NE of Postak, close to border with Bosnia. The mountain Ilica (also Uilica) 1,654 m can bee seen in the background; july 2004
Dinaric-ZG
on Mar 26, 2005 4:58 pm
Image ID: 97234

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 27, 2005 4:21 am - Voted 10/10

Nice set of pictures!

But again, why didn't you attach them to sections of the main page?

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Mar 27, 2005 5:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice set of pictures!

Hi Vid!

Ive done that on my Snjeznica page. But should I do it also to someone else´s page? I didnt know that was "according to rules", hehe.

Velebit

Velebit - Mar 27, 2005 6:54 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice set of pictures!

Best ones are attached :-) Babica Jezero is beautiful, looks quite deep. How long did you walk to it from Ljubina Poljana? When I find time I'll have to visit it. Also Kozja Jama is on the list there. Judging from the map it should be one hell of a hole :-)

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 27, 2005 7:41 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice set of pictures!

Of course! By the chapter title you click on 'Add a Photo' and it's there. Then the best 5 rated photos survive on the main page.

Dinaric-ZG

Dinaric-ZG - Mar 27, 2005 2:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice set of pictures!

Hi Sasa!



Thanks for posting new photos of Postak to main page. Im still a novice on this page and still have a lot to learn.



Walk to Babica lake was the interesting one, nice weather, blossoming meadows, view of Ilica mountain and the lake at the end was very nice. The area is very desolate and tranquile (although a herd of wild boars ran few meter before me).



I started Ljubina poljana around 9 am and after passing Palez area, after one long valley (south end of Shibenik area) I entered a wood and get to an old road to the village Torbicki Vagan. From T. Vagan i took a wider road (full of strawberries) to Tiskovac valley, and after one strong stream and one nice rock above it I left the "main" road and turned northward to a small path to reach the lake. The lake is difficult to approach from many sides. Only one or two approaches, the rest of it is in thick bushes and very steep and very loose terain.



To turn back I took an old path on southwestern side of the lake. Old marks could be seen on some places, but most of them have already gone and are hardly visible. I think Ive read somewhere that it was maybe in 1980s that this path was marked. Now it is desolated and Its good to have a good topo map with you.



The path goes in serpentines and finally reaches nice meadows close to Shibenik area (you will for sure notice that path on a topo map). From Shibenik to Palez and back to Ljubina poljana.



Ive tried to see my Image property data to find out when I was on cetrain location, but somehow that data has been lost after Ljubicka poljana (it was 9:40 then) , but I think I was by the lake around noon to 1 pm.



I havent been to Kozja jama, and now you made me courious about it! One of next targets :-)



(beside what ive put on SP, I have photos of this village and countryside too, so if you ll ever need any just let me know)



By the way, did you have any plans for Dabarski kukovi? That was the place where I felt in love to Velebit 10 years ago. They are wonderful group that deserve a page.



Take care!

G

Viewing: 1-5 of 5