Tres Marías three summits

Tres Marías three summits

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.94838°N / 5.79357°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Our route starts from the more accesible face of Tres Marías peaks, South Face. The start will be the village of Casarés de Arbás (1344m) .
(In main page you have a detailed description to go to this village).

We go towards the East peak, El Palero, looking for its East rigde.


Route Description

Our plan it´s reach each summit going from the East to the West.

We´ll find first the East ridge of El Palero. From Casares de Arbás will cross green fields towards the feef ot the peak. Soon we´ll start to go up through grass hill that some minutes later will become to the East stone ridge. Taking the ridge the route it´s clear, just because there´s not another one. Vertical walls on our right will be the reference we are in the right way. Scrambling through the East ridge we´ll reach the first summit of the day. If I´m not wrong there is there the typical summit postbox were you can find message of another mountainers.

Unfortunatelly you´ll neet ropes and climb gear to access the col between El Palero and Maria de Enmedio. The only solution it´s going back through the East ridge. Once we have lost enough height we´ll manage to go to the col I mencioned through the South face of El Palero. The more you go down the easier it is.

We´ll go to the col. Once there we´ll enjoy the superb walls of El Palero and the void of North face. From this point we´ll find some corridors to the second summit, Maria de Enmedio which it´s visible from the col some hundred of metres above.

The summit of María de Enmedio it´s a perfect place to have a look the other Tres Marías peaks. We´ll see clearly the last peak of the day María de los Corros, and the col between them.
To get to the col we walk through the ridge to the West.

On the second col between María de Enmedio y María de los Corros we can choose our way: I used the North pass, it´s more complicated and exposed that South face pass people use to say.


From the María de los Corros to the village of Casares de Arbás will take any of the corridor towards the valley. Once in the valley you´ll have to cross grass fields to the East to go to the village.

Also, from the María de los Corros summit, you can continue to the East reaching some summits, including Peña Ortegal.

Essential Gear

A pole will help you in some parts of our route. The rest it´s better to have both hands free.
Raincoat allways i´ts a great idea.
On the cols the wind will be surely hard, so warm clothes will be another good stuff.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.