Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Dan the Jones

Dan the Jones - Apr 26, 2009 10:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Bubba -

I was going to vote an 8/10 on the page because of the lack of climbing info on the page - then I saw the more climbing beta needed statements. What kind of info do you need?

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - May 4, 2009 2:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Bubba -

I agree that there was a paucity of climbing info on the page. I have to admit that the page was somewhat ill-conceived, as it was intended to cover the whole formation. This proved inadequate to give proper attention to all aspects of the area. To remedy this, I have switched the page over to an area page, to allow a more general approach. I am adding beta on the individual rocks for which I hope people will build individual pages. What do you know about the Far Rocks?

Dan the Jones

Dan the Jones - May 16, 2009 12:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Bubba -

I honestly dont know a whole lot about the far rocks, other then what can be gathered from the Los Alamos Mountaineers website. I will be in that area towards the end of this month, so if I get anything worth while I will let you know. I think the page is coming along excellent.

scotthsu

scotthsu - May 6, 2009 7:02 pm - Hasn't voted

climbing beta

have you looked at the tres piedras entries at www.mountainproject.com? seems kind of pointless to reproduce the wealth of technical climbing/route information that is already there. this page can focus on the rock formations, the area, etc., and direct people to the mountain project site for technical climbing information. what do you think?

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - May 7, 2009 2:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: climbing beta

I think that is a good idea. I was just trying to get things going on the TP area, hoping others would want to add rock pages and such. I am beginning to think the page was ill-conceived... How do you think it can be improved?

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Tres Piedras Crags' main page