Tros Marets

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

It's a rather easy but very beautiful walk. It's about 13km and takes roughly half a day.

Getting There

On the E42 highway Verviers-Malmedy, take exit 10 'Hockai'. When you reach Hockai follow the road in the direction of Xhouffraix. When you reach the forest and after some sharp curves, you arrive at the Fraineu 'fagne' where you see an info-sign and some parking space.
parking

Route Description

From the parking space on the Hockai to Xhoffraix - road (see main Tros Marets page), cross the road southwards and follow the red horizontal mark. Here you are walking next to the Tros Marets river which goes downstream. You are walking on a part of the Fraineu-'fagne' which can be rather wet after some rain.

After a while you cross a small bridge over a very small river that ends in the Tros Marets. You cross the road and from here on you follow the yellow vertical signs on the left side of the river. Here the 'real' Tros Marets valley starts.

Just follow the yellow signs and after a while you walk down to the river. You pass some bridges but don't cross the immediately. After a while you finally have to cross the river on a bridge, ascend a hill and arrive in a forest with some small young pines. Follow the track and after a few 100 meters you arrive at 'Ferme Libert' where you'll find a downhill ski-slope. Turn right and ascend the road. After a while you have to turn right (there's a yellow sign again).

The trail is already bigger and walk downhill, just following the signs. Turn right and walk towards the Tros Marets river again. Here you'll find a small bridge we saw earlier. Go across the bridge and turn left, northwards, the same way we came earlier. By the Fraineu 'fagne' we get to the parking space again.
sign


Essential Gear

In wintertime and in rainy periods, good waterproof hiking shoes are essential. During wintertime, warm clothes are advisable.
onderweg


External Links

Add External Links text here.

Geography
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.