Upward Spiral Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
smudge

smudge - Jun 27, 2006 7:49 pm - Voted 10/10

awesome

well done amigo!

Andy

Andy - Jun 28, 2006 2:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful

I posted a photo of the options above the East Meadow here.

I made my movie in iMovie on my Mac. However, I did the compression of the .mov file for web use using the full version of QuickTime ($30). The full version of QuickTime allows you do convert from just about any format of video to any other format. If you have the ability to make an mp4 file then you can use the same imbed tag I did to get QuickTime to play it.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2006 3:18 am - Hasn't voted

Another great route Andy

Dude, you have been busy busting out all the great routes in RMNP, great work. Now we just need to get together for the Arrowhead Arete. Let me know, hopefully we can get our schedules to workout.

Andy

Andy - Jun 30, 2006 2:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Another great route Andy

Thanks Kane. This coming weekend is going to be the last time that I can get away until mid-August probably. After that I would like to do some scrambly stuff in the park. Is Arrowhead Arete the same as what Fabio calls "Northwest Face"? I wouldn't mind doing something on Arrowhead and then the traverse over to McHenrys. Fabio also says the Thatchtop-Powell traverse is a really nice class-4 scramble. We should try and plan on doing some of these later this summer or fall!

zenalpinist

zenalpinist - Jul 4, 2006 2:52 am - Hasn't voted

Nice musical choices

Ah, slobberbone and lucero (I think lucero was second).

Good route Andy, this is Brian, we've conversed a few times. I'm actually heading up there tomorrow. Not sure if I'll solo up the spiral or not, I think a casual stroll up the gulley is in order.

I am curious, how long are your movies that you make on your camera? I'm guessing you've stringed together several that you make. And what is the max resolution you can get?

Let me know when you want to hit Blitzen.

Andy

Andy - Jul 5, 2006 3:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice musical choices

Hey thanks. This soundtrack was actually Slobberbone, Son Volt, and Two Cow Garage. I am a big fan of Lucero though and have used their music in a bunch of my other videos. If you liked Slobberbone, Brent Best's new band (The Drams) is coming out with their first album July 25th. I can't wait!

Spiral Route should be solo-able, but I would take rock climbing shoes to do it.

I usually shoot between 15 and 30 minutes of footage during a trip. After editing it usually boils down to between 5 and 10 minutes of interesting movie. I use a Panasonic PV-GS150 digital camcorder.

I'll give you a shout when I'm ready to tackle Blitzen Ridge!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Upward Spiral' main page