Urkema Peak / Baden Powell Peak Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
dmiki

dmiki - Nov 27, 2010 2:13 pm - Hasn't voted

additions/corrections

As part of the Scouting 2007 Centenary, the government of Nepal renamed Urkema Peak to Baden-Powell Peak, in honor of British soldier Robert Baden-Powell, founder of the World Scouting movement.

The peak's coordinates are 28.166389 85.533611

The easiest route is the North route.

There is a typo for the coordinates of the high camp.

dmiki

dmiki - Jan 3, 2011 1:40 am - Hasn't voted

Isn't it the North face?

"To the south, the impressive south face of Naya Kanga (5,844 metres) is towering above you."

gimpilator

gimpilator - Nov 29, 2015 1:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Coordinates Glitch

I just stumbled onto a strange glitch which corrupted the location of numerous pages and listed them all at the same point in southern AZ, USA. Member dmiki has also noted this. Please fix the lat/lon coordinates of this page and I'll be happy to remove my "needs updates" vote. Thanks!

Ian Chang

Ian Chang - Jan 29, 2020 5:18 am - Hasn't voted

Terrain Map

I am a scout. I was just wondering whether a terrain map was available or whether and form of map was provided to the group for a pre-excursion. A map that details the steepness, pathways, hardness of ground and whether.
These pieces of information will be important for training before taking on such a mountain.

Moreover, Julien had mention in his blog that Urkema peak was a great alternative to Island peak. Is it safe for me to assume that the terrain and challenges faced in island peak is similar to Urkema peak. And if so can I plan my training according to Island peak.

If anyone has any useful information regarding
Urkema peak. Please contact me from summit post or email me: ianchang929@gmail.com

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Urkema Peak / Baden Powell Peak' main page